Online Sic Bo for NZ Players
Online casinos host different types of games with varying popularity. You have the most popular games like poker, blackjack, and baccarat and you will also find the ‘lesser-known’ games to play. In this article, we will focus on an example of a less-popular casino game but one that can also deliver an exciting casino entertainment: Sic Bo. As a game, it shares some similarities with craps. This game also originates from China where it’s called ‘Tai Sai’ and ‘Dai Siu’. Although not as popular, this game is also played in the leading casinos for players from New Zealand. In this guide, we take a look at the features, rules, and other tips that you can use when playing online Sic Bo.
Top 5 Sic Bo Online Casinos in NZ
NZ$250 Bonus + 100 Wish Spins
Wishmaker casino is an amazing fresh and fun Casino offering $250 and 100 Wish Spins!
100% First Deposit bonus up to $100 and Second Deposit bonus, 50% up to $200
100% up to NZ$100 Welcome Bonus
NightRush Casino is a New Zealand online casino that has more than 500 casino slots and games.
200% Bonus up to AU$1500 + 25 free spins
Bondibet is an online casino that takes Maori players and has more than 500 casino slots and games.
200% bonus up to NZ$500 + 50 free spins
Casimba is one of the newest online casinos with a massive NZ$500 bonus and 50 Free Spins!
$500 Bonus + 70 Free Spins
Omni Slots Casino is an online casino that accepts players from NZ offering a massive bonus and 70 free spins.
Standard Rules of the Game
This popular casino game requires a few basic rules. To play, you need to bet on the outcomes of the roll of the dice. The dice is rolled inside a box. To play, the dealer will put the dice in the box, shake it, and reveal the combination formed. The main objective here is to predict the outcome and win the game. Based on the rules, you don’t need to master several complicated strategies just to win the game. The outcomes are always based on luck.
5 Strategies You Can Use When Playing the Game
You can also employ some strategies that can help you increase your chances of winning. Also, following these steps can help you enjoy the game. Here’s a run-down of the top tips and strategies that you can consider when playing.
- Play safe. You need to consider your bankroll when playing in real money mode. Remember, the outcomes of the roll of the dice are all at random. So you need to decide on your betting strategy. You can bet high if you think that you can take the risk or bet low when you want to manage your losses.
- Consider balanced bets. One great way to play the game is to understand a high and low betting strategy. But if you are unsure and you feel edgy, you can rely on a balanced betting strategy. Under this betting arrangement, you will place your bets on numbers 9 or 12. This will give you a good chance when playing against probability.
- Middle-of-the-road strategy. This involves betting on a double, on a full three-dice roll, or another betting scenario. This is less risky when compared for the ‘big payout’ strategy that allows you to bet on the biggest prize possible. This is a safer approach when playing Sic Bo and can also deliver decent payouts.
- Multiple bets. This strategy involves placing many bets during the roll of the dice. This means making a safe bet, the risky bet, and a middle bet when playing the game. This type of betting approach will give you better odds in the game. Also, multiple bets will allow you to enjoy the game.
- Play defensively. Playing defensively is one of the best approaches that you can use when playing the game. This means playing smartly so that you can build your bank account and play longer. Players can do this by focusing on small and big bets or a combination of these bets to build the bankroll.
Variants of Sic Bo
Aside from strategies, you also need to consider the type of Sic Bo that you want to play. Today, you can find two kinds of Sic Bo that are playable online: Grand Hazard and Chuck-a-Luck.
- Grand Hazard. Known as the English version of Sic Bo, Grand Hazard is played using the classic three dice. Its name comes from another casino game that is played using two dice. In this game, the dice are thrown with a cup or down a chute instead of using a box. Players can count on an 18:1 payout.
- Chuck-a-Luck. Also known as the ‘Bird Cage’, this game requires the dice to be placed in a wire-frame birdcage. During the game, the dealer will pivot the cage at the center. Players will only bet on single numbers.
Different Types of Bets in Sic Bo
One of the important tricks in playing Sic Bo is varying your bets. To do this, you need to learn more about the different kinds of bets that you can play in the game. Described below are the different types of bets that you can make in Sic Bo.
- Small and Big or Hi-Lo. This refers to a combination of small bets (4 to 10) and high bets (11 to 17).
- Odd and Even. As the name suggests, you will place your bets on outcomes being odd or even.
- Specific Triples. You can choose this wager if you think that a number will be shown as a three-of-a-kind. This is a tricky wager to make in Sic Bo but one that offers a great payout. The odds that a three-of-a-kind will come up is 190 to 1 and it also boasts a house edge of 16.2 percent.
- Specific Doubles. You will bet on a specific number and at least two of the three dice should carry this number. This betting option comes with an 11 to 1 odds and an 11.1 percent chance of losing against the casino.
- Any Triple or All.
This bet allows you to win on a three-of-a-kind. This comes with a 31:1 odds
with an 11.1 percent house edge.
- Three Dice Total. You bet on a total
of all three dice. The total ranges from 4 to 17 with 10 and 11 featuring a
higher chance of winning.
- Single Dice Bet. You place a wager on a specific number.
- Dice Combination. You choose two
numbers where you can place your bet.
- Four-Number Combination. You will choose a four unique number for your bet. The payout for the bet is 7:1 if the roll matches with three of the identified numbers.
- Three Single Number
throw of the dice shows a specific combination of three different numbers. This
comes with a 30 to 1 payout and the house edge is set at 13.9 percent.
- Specific Double and Single Number. Two dice will show a similar and the other displaying a different number. This comes with a 15.3 house edge and a payout of 60 to 1.
Play Sic Bo for Free and in Real Money Mode
Just like other casino games, online Sic Bo is also available in a free demo and real money mode. If you are a beginner, we highly recommend that you check out the free demo versions of the game. These games will help you learn about the layout and the rules of the game. Once you are confident in playing the game, then that’s the time that you can check out the real money versions offered by top NZ casinos. You will also find a live dealer version of Sic Bo. In a live dealer arrangement, you will play directly against a casino dealer in real-time.